Table of Contents
Perform internal request
SPEAR users can request another user within their organisation to perform a task in SPEAR via the 'internal request' feature.
To perform an internal request, you will need to complete the following:
- From the Details screen, select the optional action ‘Perform Internal Request’ from the Other Actions drop down list, and click on the ‘go’ button.
- On the Perform Internal Request screen, select the recipient of the request from the drop down list. If the intended recipient is not shown, see your Local Administrator to have a SPEAR account created for this person.
- Enter a subject.
- Enter your ‘Request Comments’ as necessary.
- Select the action you require the recipient to perform from the ‘Action’ drop down list. The list is sorted by mandatory actions first, then modifiable and correctable actions, then all other actions. If you require more than one action, you can click the Add new action hyperlink to select another action (up to a maximum of ten actions).
- Specify the date by which you require each action to be completed.
- Click on ‘notify’ to return to the Details screen.
- To complete the request, the ‘Perform Internal Request’ action must be authenticated using your SPEAR password.
The recipient will receive an email instructing them to login to SPEAR and complete the actions. A reminder email will be sent seven days after the date specified above if the action has not yet been completed. The requester will receive an email notification when the authentication or internal request action has been completed.
NOTE: If the recipient's account has been created with Access Limited, then they can only view applications that have been assigned to them, using the 'Internal Request' function.
If you require further information, see User Guide 44 - Performing Internal Requests.
back to top