Table of Contents
Constitutes an Amendment and allow automatic acknowledgement - Council Local Administrators only
Council Local Administrators have the ability to modify the document types that will constitute an amendment to an application when added by an Applicant Contact. Council can also nominate if the modified or newly added documents can be automatically accepted by council or require a manual assessment process.
Only documents that have the owner of Applicant Contact can be modified to constitute an amendment. Where SPEAR does not allow for a council to make changes to a particular document type the options will not be displayed or the radio buttons will be greyed out.
You will need to complete the following to set a document type as an amendment to an application and allow automatic acknowledgement:
- Select the option "Manage Document Types" from the Administration Menu.
- A list of documents will displayed detailing the application type, category, document type (name) and the owner i.e. the person who will add the document or action to an application.
- Click on the edit link next to the document you wish to modify.
- Scroll down to "Constitutes an Amendment to Application", select the appropriate radio button - 'Yes' or 'No'.
- Select the appropriate radio button for "Allow Automatic Acceptance" - 'Yes' or 'No'. If the "Allow Automatic Acceptance" is set to 'No' and the document type is set to 'Yes' for Constitutes an Amendment to Application, then SPEAR will create a mandatory action for council.
- Click on 'update'.
- A confirmation message will be displayed. Click on 'return' to go back to the Manage Document Types screen.
For further information, please contact the SPEAR Service Desk on 03 9194 0612 or email