Table of Contents
Assess request for an extension of time for a planning permit
This mandatory action is triggered by the applicant submitting a Request for Extension of Time for a Planning Permit to the Responsible Authority.
Accepting the request will provide the Responsible Authority with the option to add in new expiry dates that apply to the planning permit.
Rejecting the application will have no effect on the planning permit. The expiry dates remain as they were then the permit was issued.
You will be required to add a document as a PDF file containing details regarding your acceptance or rejection of the request.
How to assess a request for extension of time for a planning permit
You will need to complete the following actions:
- Click the appropriate radio button to select either <Responsible Authority> accepts the request for the extension of time for a
planning permit or <Responsible Authority> rejects the request for the extension of time for a planning permit'.
NOTE: if you reject the request you will be required to add additional comments into the text field provided and these comments will be included in the notification sent to the Applicant contact. The additional comments are not mandatory if you accept the application.
- If you select '<Responsible Authority> accepts...', you will be presented with the option to enter new expiry date(s). Use the date picker (calendar icon)
to select the new date(s).
- Click on the 'next>' button.
- You will be required to browse for and attach a PDF file or type your reason for acceptance / rejection directly into the field provided.
- Select "Add Now" and a confirmation screen will be displayed if the document was added successfully.
NOTE: if you have suppressed the "Attach Document" confirmation via settings, you will be returned directly to the Details Screen.
- To complete this process, the "Assess Request for Extension of Time for a Planning Permit" must be authenticated using your SPEAR password.