Table of Contents
Application to amend certified plan
An Applicant Contact can submit an application to the Responsible Authority to amend a certified plan (Form 8) and supply a new version of the plan of subdivision. This can be done once the status of the application reaches 'Certification Decision'.
You will need to complete the following steps to submit an application to a Responsible Authority to amend a certified plan:
- From the 'Other Actions' drop-down list, select 'Add Application To Amend Certified Plan (Form 8)' and click 'go'.
- On the 'Add Proposed Plan of Subdivision (Form 8)' screen, browse for and attach the new version of the plan. Enter the new plan version number, select the nominated Licensed Surveyor, answer the parcellation/datum question, and provide an appropriate description of changes in the version information text box. When finished, click 'add now'.
- On the 'Add Application To Amend Certified Plan (Form 8)' screen you have three justifications to select from. If you click 'other', you must also provide a reason.
- Specify whether the application requires an amendment to the Application for Certification. If 'yes', indicate the details of the proposed amendments (i.e. a change in the Subdivision Act section is required).
- Depending on the dealing type, you may be required to indicate whether the attached plan affects the Owners Corporation.
- Once all data entry is complete, click 'ok'.
- Ensure that all modified documents are authenticated.
- Click on the mandatory action 'Submit Application to Amend Certified Plan (Form 8)', all amended documents can be viewed/checked by clicking on the document links from this screen. When satisfied, click 'ok'.
NOTE: The Proposed Plan of Subdivision or Consolidation will not replace the current certified plan until the Responsible Authority has accepted the application for re-certification.
A notification email is now sent to the Responsible Authority advising of your application. The Responsible Authority will assess your application and you will receive a notification email advising of the outcome of your application.
Withdrawing an application to amend certified plan
Applicant Contacts can withdraw an application to amend certified plan (Form 8).
You will need to complete the following steps to withdraw an application to Responsible Authority to amend a certified plan:
- In the list of supplied documents/action on the Details screen, find the 'Application to Amend Certified Plan (Form 8)' and click on the 'go' button alongside 'Withdraw' on the right of the screen.
- Click on the 'withdraw' button to confirm the action. SPEAR will remove the application to amend certified plan (Form 8). The previous version of the plan will remain current, and the proposed plan version will be shown as 'withdrawn' (it will not be deleted or removed from the application).
NOTE: This action can only occur if the Responsible Authority has not begun processing your application to amend certified plan (Form 8).
If you require further information, see User Guide 8 - Certifying a plan of subdivision/consolidation and issuing a Statement of Compliance.