Table of Contents
Local Administrators can amend the general details of their organisation, including address details and SPEAR notification email address on this screen.
Responsible Authority (council) Local Administrators can also update or change the Referral Authorities that will be displayed when performing referral requests.
To amend details of your organisation complete the following:
- Select from the Site List the organisation and/or site you wish to edit.
- If you wish to maintain the organisation's contact details, click the 'edit' button next to the Site List.
- Update the contact details as required. The 'Address type preference' allows you to choose which of your organisation's addresses will appear throughout SPEAR.
- The email address shown on this screen is the email address that receives notification emails from the SPEAR system related to applications for your organisation. SPEAR recommends this address be a generic address that can be accessed by multiple staff members rather than that of an individual to ensure that notifications are received when key staff members are on leave.
- The Authorised Officers are those "Signing" SPEAR users with Authorised Officer Digital Certificates from VeriSign.
- The VicMap maintainer receives an emailed copy of any new versions of plans of subdivision in SPEAR to enable faster and more efficient updating of the Victorian cadastre.
- Administrators can set maximum time out periods (up to 60 minutes) and password rotations (up to 180 days) for users in their organisation to ensure that SPEAR settings are in line with the organisation's security policy.
- Responsible Authority Local Administrators can update the list of Referral Authorities their users can refer applications to in SPEAR as follows:
- Click 'Add more entries' if your list is full and extra entry fields will be made available.
- Select the required Referral Authority from the drop down list. If a required Referral Authority does not appear in the drop down list, contact the SPEAR Service Desk on (03) 8636 3049.
- Selecting the mandatory tick box next to a Referral Authority name will ensure that when a Responsible Authority user is performing a referral request, the selection will default to the maximum referral (Sec 55 and/ or 8 depending on the application type). Referral Authorities not listed as mandatory will default to "Don't refer".
- When all of the required updates have been made, click the 'update' button.
- You must authenticate the change(s) with your SPEAR password.
back to top