Table of Contents
Application to amend certified plan
An Applicant Contact can submit an application to the Responsible Authority to amend a certified plan (Form 8) and supply a new version of the plan of subdivision. This can be done once the status of the application reaches "Certification Decision" but not before.
You will need to complete the following steps to submit an application to Responsible Authority to amend a certified plan:
- Select the optional action "Add Application To Amend Certified Plan (Form 8)" from the "Other Actions" drop down list.
- Click on the 'go' button.
- On the "Add Application To Amend Certified Plan (Form 8)" screen you have three options to choose from. Select the appropriate option by clicking the radio button.
If you click 'other', you are required to enter a reason in the text box provided.
- Specify whether the application requires an amendment to the Application for Certification. If ‘yes’, indicate the details of the proposed amendments.
- Depending on the dealing type, you may be required to indicate whether the attached plan affects the Owners Corporation.
- Click on 'ok'.
- A confirmation message will be displayed. Click on 'return'.
- Authenticate the "Application To Amend Certified Plan (Form 8)" using your SPEAR password.
- Two new mandatory actions will be displayed - "Add Proposed Plan of Subdivision or Consolidation" and "Submit Application to Amend Certified Plan (Form 8)"
- Click on the mandatory action "Add Proposed Plan of Subdivision or Consolidation"
- Browse for, and attach the new version of the plan. Enter an appropriate description into the version info text box, and your new plan version number.
- Select "add now" and a confirmation screen will display if the plan has been added successfully.
NOTE: If you have suppressed the "Attach Document" confirmation via settings, you will be returned directly to the Details Screen.
- Click 'return' to go back to the Details Screen.
- To complete this process, the "Proposed Plan of Subdivision or Consolidation' must be digitally signed.
- Click on the mandatory action “Submit Application to Amend Certified Plan (Form 8)”.
- To view the amended application and proposed documents click the document hyperlinks.
- Click ‘ok’.
NOTE: The "Proposed Plan of Subdivision or Consolidation" will not replace the current certified plan until the Responsible Authority has accepted the application for re-certification.
A notification email is now sent to the Responsible Authority advising of your application. The Responsible Authority will assess your application and you will receive a notification email advising of the outcome of your application.
If you require further information, see User Guide 8 - Certifying a plan of subdivision/consolidation and issuing a Statement of Compliance.